Reconsidering Our Earthly Journey

A cold day it was that Tuesday morning, 02/09/2016, but an exciting time nevertheless in my attending the Decision America Tour. It was a great gathering, people coming from all over the state. A great presentation, a great time in prayer, a great challenge from Franklin Graham to the Church in America to be in constant prayer for our nation (as we so need it) for the restoration of America to her biblical roots, and for greater participation of God’s people in the governing affairs of our country. 

America is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people,” Abraham Lincoln closing his Gettysburg Address, November 19, 1863. Hence, we “the people” are our nation’s governing officials; those holding the particular office are our representatives. And so, pray for our country.

Considering these times then (or re-considering, re-evaluating), and my continued physical journeying here on earth (God is not finish with me yet), I desire still further employment, for my betterment, yes, yet more so for the benefit of Christ’s global cause.


Through these days now I desire an employment yet in the area of my interest and abilities. That being writing, and I becoming more familiar with proofreading and copyediting, I still need, as in any skill, to be continuing learning of that craft, and thus employment in that field as well. In that, I see freelancing as probably the way for me to go; that is what I desire, to become proficient at it, trusting God to provide the work. And from God’s provision by way of my employment to benefit Christ’s global cause. During my search for that job in the meantime, my own writing can aid in my proofreading/copyediting practice.

For the Christ follower, then, whatever the job, profession, career, consider it as a “tent-making” occupation, as with the apostle Paul, and Aquila and Priscilla as well (see Acts 18:2-4). Consider it as support as we labor on Earth in our real job—that of sharing Jesus, the eternal Hope for America and the world.

Journeying on in Christ’s global cause then, the task also involves our getting out, and being ready to vocally share Jesus with people with whom the Lord would have us do. Now for me such is somewhat difficult, I never having been much of an oral communicator. But it’s an obligation I must tend to being so commanded by God to “Go,” (see Exodus 4:10-12 and 2 Corinthians 12:9). I try to do that virtually (online) via social media, so inspired to do in the viewing of a recent Urbana video—encouraging a more excellent purpose for the use of social media. Nevertheless, I should attempt the doing of it more personally as well; attentive to the Holy Spirit’s leading in the going.

Therefore then, for Jesus and His global cause, two worlds having crossed my path, and thus having reconsidered my earthly journey I have realized my real reason for living in this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment